Please review the following videos with your children. They provide valuable tips and advice that should be practiced regularly with your children. We would like to thank the various police departments and agencies that created these videos.
Safety Recall Information
Visit the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission for important safety recall notices.
Car Seat Inspections
Visit the Burlington County Sheriff's Department or call 609-265-5221. Throughout the year, the Sheriff's Department hosts check up events where you can have your car seat inspected. For additional information on car seat check-up events visit Safe Kids.
The Moorestown Police Department participates in Project Childsafe, a program to distribute free gunlocks to residents. Come in and get your free gunlock and help protect our children.
Child Safety on the Internet
- Check out blocking, filtering and ratings. Realize that filtering programs can't protect your child from all dangers in cyberspace. Filtering programs are not a substitute for good judgment or critical thinking. With or without filters, kids and their parents need to be internet savvy.
- Consider keeping the computer in a family room rather than a child's bedroom.
- Encourage your children to tell you if they encounter such messages.
- Get to know the Internet and any services your child uses.
- Get to know your children's online friends just as you get to know all of their other friends.
- Make it a family rule to never give out identifying information-home address, school name, or home and cell numbers on public chat websites or bulletin boards. Be sure you're dealing with someone that both you and your child know and trust before giving out this information via email.
- Never allow a child to arrange a face-to-face meeting with another computer user without parental permission and supervision.
- Never respond to messages or bulletin board items that are suggestive, obscene, belligerent, threatening or make you feel uncomfortable.
- Talk with your children about what they can and cannot do online.