Start Your Business
- More than 300 years of history: this famous historic town is located in Burlington County, New Jersey, and conveniently located near Philadelphia.
- Location: excellent access to central and northern New Jersey, with easy access to Interstate 295 and the NJ Turnpike. Moorestown is also located close to the main traffic arteries of highways 38, 73 and 130.
- Opportunity: multiple retail districts, including the Lenola town center on the west side of Moorestown, the Route 38 corridor that features the Moorestown Mall, the historic Main Street district and Business Park zones, for light industrial and office spaces.
- A truly unique community: Moorestown has a strong sense of community as well as a top-rated school district, and excellent private schools
- Strong buying power: affluent and educated. According to the 2010 census, 62% of residents over the age of 24 had a minimum of a bachelor’s degree, and the median household income was $140,767 in 2018.
- Restaurant renaissance: many popular restaurants have opened and thrived throughout the business corridors of Moorestown. In the warm months, outdoor dining is popular along Main Street, lending a festive and inviting atmosphere.
- Arts and recreation flourish in Moorestown: The award-winning Moorestown Theater Company presents several musicals per year. The Perkins Center for the Arts is a hub for art education, galleries, and performances. The historical Moorestown Community House is a center for meetings, performances, and major events such as weddings. Multiple township and private sports teams, performing at state and national levels. Significant support for special needs communities of all ages.
- A sustainable community: certified as a leading sustainable township in NJ – protecting open spaces and working to promote the economic vitality, social equity, and environmental quality of Moorestown.
- Offering support to help your business grow: The Moorestown Business Association is an organization of retail, professional, and non-profit businesses working to improve the business environment for its members and sponsors many community activities throughout the year.
- Selected top town to live in the United States: citing top schools, a “Main Street made for the cover of the Saturday Evening Post,” the abundance of jobs, great homes and the high quality of life in Moorestown, "Money" magazine recognized Moorestown as the top community to live in the United States. @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>
Where in Moorestown
Moorestown has several different business districts. For a full overview along with description of the applicable zoning in place, click here.
New Business Checklist
EDAC created a checklist to help new businesses build their plans. Check it out below or download a copy here.