PICKLEBALL - SPRING EVENING SESSION
Pickleball is a combination of tennis, ping-pong and badminton. It is played on a court like tennis but half the size, with a wiffle ball and paddles. Pickleball is TONS of fun and easy to learn for beginners for more information, rules and videos, go to www.usapa.org. There is no instruction in this program. It is open play.
AGES: Teens/Adults - High School and Up
DATES: Tuesdays, March 13 to May 1
TIMES: 7:00 PM to 10:00 PM
LOCATION: CHURCH STREET RECREATION CENTER GYM
FEE: Resident - $20.00 Non-Resident - $40.00
REGISTRATION: Register at: Community Pass under Spring 2018
TEEN/YOUNG ADULT THEATRE - SUMMER
The Department of Parks and Recreation and MoorArts present...
JOSEPH AND THE "AMAZING" TECHNICOLOR DREAMCOAT
Directed and Choreographed by Erica and Greg Harr
AGES: 14 to 23
DATES/TIMES:Mondays through Thursdays, 6:00-9:00 PM starting in May (rehearsal schedule will be available soon)
AUDITION DATES:Monday, May 21 from 6:00-9:30 PM at MHS. Callbacks and conflicts on Tuesday, May 22 beginning at 6:00 PM (if conflicts arise, they can be worked around).
SHOW DATES:July 20, 21, 25, 27 at 7:30 PM
July 28 - 3:00 PM (Special Needs)
LOCATIONS:Moorestown High School
FEE:$195 ($215 non residents)
REGISTRATION: Register at: Community Pass under Summer 2018 programs.
VOLLEYBALL CLINIC - HIGH SCHOOL AGE - All Skill Levels WelcomeThe clinics will be held on Friday evenings. All skill levels welcome. The clinics will stress fundamentals including passing, serving, setting, and hitting to allow players to compete at a high school level of play.
DATES:Fridays, March 16, 23, April 13, 20, 27, May 4, 11, 18
LOCATION:MAC Center, Moorestown High School.
FEE:$125.00 (Non-Residents - $145.00).
INSTRUCTOR:Chris Rizzo. Chris has been a volleyball coach and player for over a decade. He has taught at the high school and club levels and has taken his coaching from indoor to outdoor grass/sand volleyball. He has a passion for making volleyball fun and working on basic skills as well as high impact/repetition skill improvement.
REGISTRATION: Register at: Community Pass under Spring 2018 programs.
YOGA FOR BEGINNERS
Open to teens and adults.
DATES: SPRING - March 29 to May 17
TIMES: THURSDAY EVENING – 6:00 to 7:15 PM
FEE: $75.00 for 8 sessions OR $10 per session
LOCATION: Church Street Recreation Center
INSTRUCTOR: Terie Werkheiser
REGISTRATION: Register at: Community Pass under Spring 2018.
CIT Program (Counselor In Training) - contact Mary Stefano at email@example.com.
Applications will be available starting January 3, 2018 on the Parks & Recreation website for youth 13 to 16 years old and must be submitted by March 9, 2018. A completed application does NOT guarantee employment. Once an application is received, it will be reviewed, an interview scheduled, and then a decision will be made. Interviews will be conducted through April 20th. Once an applicant is offered a position they may formally register for the program. Registration for the CIT program will be $75.00. CITs will be required to be present for all weeks of their respective camps, with a maximum of 5 consecutive days off for a vacation.
2018 CIT Job Description
2018 CIT Application
CIT PROGRAM: 2018 Updates
Following the success and growth of the Moorestown Recreation CIT (Counselor In Training) Program (started in 2008), The Department of Parks & Recreation is expanding this program in 2018. The parameters of the program are as follows:
- Counselors In Training will be ages 13-16 years old. 13 year old CITs will be eligible to volunteer in the Four is Fun, Five is Fun-ner, Art Camp, Sports Camps and Sports Clinic, but not eligible for the Summer Parks, Special Needs Camp and Children's Theater Programs.
- Applications will be accepted in the Rec Center Office January 3rd - March 9th.
- Interviews will be conducted through April 20th.
- Registration for the CIT Program will be $75 and if selected must be received by May 11th.
- Applicants can “request” placement in certain programs, however, no guarantee is made regarding placement.
- There will be a CIT “Sub List” for Department Use only – this list will be made up of “wait-listed” candidates who will be used to substitute for any CITs who utilize their one week of vacation. CITs may not “call in” subs.
- CITs will be required to be present for all weeks of their respective camp with a maximum of one consecutive week off for vacation purposes.
- If a CIT is absent without notice for any reason (other than illness which will require a doctor’s note) they will be terminated from the program.
- CITs will also be provided an exit-interview & confirmation of hours letter and be given necessary signatures and documentation for Service Hours forms.