Teen 3rd Floor Café - Live Music Night, presented by the Department of Parks and Recreation
DATE: Friday, March 24, 2017
TIME: 7:30 PM
GRADES: 9th to 12th Grade Moorestown Students
LOCATION: Church Street Recreation Center, 3rd Floor
In lieu of registration fee, we ask for non-perishable items that will be donated live civilly for Moorestown families.
For more information, email Rich Corbin, firstname.lastname@example.org
BADMINTON - AGES 14 AND UP - BEGINNER, INTERMEDIATE AND ADVANCED
Badminton is the fastest racquet sport in the world! Never played? Come try it out in the beginners session. If you're seeking a more competitive badminton game, you need to register ASAP for the advanced session!
AGES: 14 and up
DATE: Tuesdays, April 4 to June 6, 2017.
TIMES: 7:00pm-8:30pm Beginner & Intermediate; 8:30pm-10:00pm Intermediate & Advanced.
LOCATION: At the CHURCH STREET RECREATION CENTER GYM.
FEE: Resident -$30.00, Non-Resident - $50.00 for 10 weeks
INSTRUCTOR: Norm Foss
REGISTRATION: Register at: under Spring 2017 programs.
This four week course will cover the basics of baking and expand on prior knowledge. Children, through hands on learning, will fine tune their measurements, ratios and proportions and be given more challenging recipes. Recipes include pies, cookies, cupcakes, and quick breads. Food prepared in class will be taken home and enjoyed!!
: Mondays, March 20, 27, April 3, 10
: 4:30 PM to 6:30 PM
: Church Street Recreation Center, 3rd Floor Commercial Kitchen
:$120 (non resident $140)
- Katie Sklarow. Chef Katie has been cooking and teaching professionally for over 5 years. She worked her way up through local restaurants and graduated with her Bachelors of Science in Culinary Management from the Art Institute of Philadelphia. She loves working with local and sustainable ingredients and sharing her passion with others.
REGISTRATION: Register at: Community Pass under Spring 2017.
BAKING - INTRO TO....PIES, SCONES AND MOR
This four week course will cover baking pies (homemade pastry dough), scones, yeast breads and quick breads from scratch. If you have taken Diane's class before, recipes will be changed for new challenges.
TIME: 4:00 to 6:30 PM
FEE: $120 (non residents $140)
LOCATION: Church Street Recreation Center, 3rd Floor
INSTRUCTOR: Diane MacFeeters,
Diane has entered the world of culinary arts following a distinguished career as an educator. Having retired from the State of NJ, she has continued her education by becoming a Certified Master Gardener and a Serv Safe Certified Baker. A self-taught baker, Diane has mastered pies, scones and yeast breads over 45 years of practice. Diane has a passion for fresh, healthy, whole foods and looks forward to sharing her knowledge with today's youth.
CHILDREN'S CULINARY COOKING CLASS - FLAVORS OF THE WORLD
This program is designed to help adolescent students learn culinary practices and fundamentals that they can build upon. Chef Katie will lead this group of “junior foodies” as they explore fun and easy recipes. The first class students will learn the basics of sushi making and will take home one California roll and one Special roll. The second class students will get creative with spices and herbs while creating their ideal enchilada and sauce. The third class will draw inspiration from many parts of Asia when crafting their own fillings and sauces for perfect pot stickers and dumplings.
SIGN UP FOR EACH CLASS INDIVIDUALLY.
TIMES: 4:00 PM to 6:30 PM
DATES :Wednesday, March 15 - Sushi
Wednesday, March 22 - Enchiladas
Wednesday, March 29 - Pot stickers and dumplings
FEE: $60.00 FOR EACH CLASS. (non resident $80 FOR EACH CLASS)
LOCATION: Church Street Recreation Center, 3rd Floor Kitchen
INSTRUCTOR: Chef Instructor - Katie Sklarow. Chef Katie has been cooking and teaching professionally for over 5 years. She worked her way up through local restaurants and graduated with her Bachelors of Science in Culinary Management from the Art Institute of Philadelphia. She loves working with local and sustainable ingredients and sharing her passion with others.
REGISTRATION: Register at: under Spring 2017.
PICKLEBALL - DEMO - Thursday, March 23rd
Denise Donald, South Jersey District Pickleball Ambassador, will be here on Thursday evening to review rules, positioning on the court and the basics of play. Come dressed to play!!
AGE: High School age through adults
DATE: Thursday, March 23rd
TIME: 7:00 PM to 9:00 PM
LOCATION: Church Street Recreation Center Gym
FEE: No fee will be charged, but please register at under Spring 2017 programs.
If enough interest is expressed, a Thursday night weekly program may be added.
SUMMER TEEN THEATRE PROGRAM
The Department of Parks and Recreation and MoorArts present...LITTLE SHOP OF HORRORS.
This is a new collaboration program for teens/young adults, directed by Sarah Dugan as well as vocalist coach, Mandy Milne. Participants will delve into the craft of musical theatre by focusing on character development, acting technique, vocal technique, movement and conditioning and theater history.
DATES: Monday, June 5th and Tuesday, June 6th - Auditions, 7:00-9:00 PM. Wednesday, June 7th - call backs, 7:00-9:00 PM.
REHEARSALS: Monday through Thursday, June 8th through July 26th, 6:00 to 9:00 PM (Program closed July 3rd and 4th)
LOCATION: South Valley Elementary School
AGES: 14 to 23
FEE: $195 for the entire 8-week program. Moorestown Residents only
REGISTRATION: Register at: under Summer 2017
Dates: Thursday, July 27th - 7:30 PM
Friday, July 28th - 7:30 PM
Saturday, July 29th - 7:30 PM
All Skill Levels Welcome - Grades 5-8
The clinics will be held on Friday evenings at the Church Street Recreation Center The clinics will stress fundamentals including passing, serving, setting, and basic hitting.
GRADES: 5 to 8
DATE: SPRING SESSION: Fridays, March 17 through May 2 (no class 4/14)
TIME: 6:30 to 8:30 PM
LOCATION: Church Street Recreation Center, 111 West Second Street.
: $80.00 (Non-Residents - $100.00)
REGISTRATION: Register at Community Pass
Instructor: John Grossman. John has 15 years coaching experience with players form 8-18 He currently coaches a HS team in PA and is the technical director for Cherry Hill Volleyball Club where he also head coaches 2 teams. Beyond coaching, John played professionally indoors and outdoors for 10+ years. He subscribes to volleyball best practices and volunteers with the USA Volleyball Olympic team.
VOLUNTEER OPPORTUNITY -
Notice to all interested in the
Recreation CIT Program (Counselor In Training)...
Applications will be available starting January 9, 2017 on the Parks & Recreation website for children 13 and older and must be submitted by March 10, 2017. A completed application does NOT guarantee employment. Once an application is received, it will be reviewed, an interview scheduled, and then a decision will be made. Payment for the program is not due until registration in May.
CIT Job Description
CIT PROGRAM: 2017 UpdatesFollowing the success and growth of the Moorestown Recreation CIT (Counselor In Training) Program (started in 2008), The Department of Parks & Recreation is expanding this program in 2017. The parameters of the program are as follows:
- Counselors In Training will be ages 13-16 years old. 13 year old CITs will be eligible to volunteer in the Four is Fun, Five is Fun-ner, Art Camp, Sports Camps and Sports Clinic, but not eligible for the Summer Park and Theater Programs.
- Applications will be accepted in the Rec Center Office January 10th - March 10th.
- Interviews will be conducted through April 24th.
- Registration for the CIT Program will be $75 and if selected must be received by May 12th.
- Applicants can “request” placement in certain programs, however, no guarantee is made regarding placement.
- There will be a CIT “Sub List” for Department Use only – this list will be made up of “wait-listed” candidates who will be used to substitute for any CITs who utilize their one week of vacation. CITs may not “call in” subs.
- CITs will be required to be present for all weeks of their respective camp with a maximum of one consecutive week off for vacation purposes.
- If a CIT is absent without notice for any reason (other than illness which will require a doctor’s note) they will be terminated from the program. A “Sub” will then be offered the position.
- CITs will also:
- Be provided a “Certification” upon completion of the program
- Be provided an exit-interview & confirmation of hours letter
- Be provided a letter of reference and a copy of their review upon request (assuming completion of program)
- Be given necessary signatures and documentation for Service Hours forms
YOGA FOR BEGINNERS
Open to teens and adults.